Serving size not statedIngredients:
1.5-pounds fresh spinach, or 2 (10-oz) boxes of frozen chopped spinach
1 Tablespoon olive oil
1 Tablespoon butter
1 large onion
4 cloves garlic
2 Tablespoons flour
3/4 cup half-and-half or sour cream
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup grated Parmesan cheese
Salt and pepper to taste
- In a wide frying pan over Medium heat, combine oil and butter.
- Add onion and garlic, stirring until soft.
- Stir in flour, blending well. Remove from heat.
- Blend in half-and-half (or sour cream).
- Add nutmeg and spinach; return to High heat. Stir vigorously until bubbling.
- Remove from heat. Mix in 1/2 cup of the Parmesan, and the salt and pepper.
- Serve hot, sprinkled with the remaining 1/2 cup Parmesan.
View this family's announcements. For all Big Family recipes posted on this Blog, click here. Find us on Twitter @BigFamilyNews.
Last Updated March 15, 2013
What's your favorite spinach recipe? Send it or post a comment below!