Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Recipes: Seafood Bake

"I serve this casserole in individual baking shells; to minimize spills during baking, place shells on a foil-covered baking sheet. You can order white Irish scallop baking shells like the ones below from Amazon or this vendor.

Believe it or not, Costco has very good prices on the canned crab (3 to pack).

Consider serving this casserole with a tossed salad, steamed broccoli and Chardonnay. My mother would serve her home-canned peach halves either instead of the broccoli, or as dessert. This is one of the first main dishes she let me cook for family dinner."

Thursday, February 21, 2013

Update Java Feb 21, 2013

Recently, we suggested you take precautions regarding Java. If you still use Java, please update your devices to get the latest cumulative security update; here are the Oracle Release Notes. This action is in addition to our prior February Java post.

To find out whether you have the latest version of  Java, click here.

Until recently, Apple shipped its machines with Java enabled by default; after the alert, it moved quickly to disable the software remotely on machines where it had already been installed. Now, Apple has issued its own Java security update for users of Mac OS X v10.6.8, Mac OS X Server v10.6.8, Mac OS X Lion v10.7 or later, OS X Lion Server v10.7 or later and OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 or later. Learn more from the Apple Release Notes and download the Apple updates here.

Read Apr 30, 2013, announcement.

What precautions do you recommend? Please post a comment below!

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Update Adobe® Reader® Feb 20, 2013

Please download the free Adobe® Reader® XI (11.0.02) software update; the Security Bulletin is here.

As is customary for the vendor, and unless you opt-out, by clicking the Download now button, you will also install the free McAfee Security Scan Plus software. To start the download(s) for Windows 7 click here or select another other operating system here.

Tuesday, February 19, 2013

Recipes: Scallop, Tomato & Tortellini Soup

"I'm enclosing my recipe for a light, Italian-style soup; it's one of my favorites and it happens to be meat-free. I suggest serving this soup with hot bread and a green salad. Be careful to neither boil the scallops nor cook them too long because they'll become rubbery and tasteless. I hope others enjoy, too."

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Recipes: Spicy Vegetable Chili

"This is one of my favorite meatless main dishes, and I've served it many times entertaining friends at home. The Spicy Vegetable Chili tastes even better the second day. The recipe reminds me of my sister-in-law who added raisins to her spaghetti sauce.

I like using herb-infused vinegar (Rosemary-Thyme Jalapeño Red Wine Vinegar is my favorite); however, apple cider vinegar works fine.

For a complete meal, serve this chili with a salad, and baked potato or crusty bread."

Friday, February 8, 2013

Recipes: Macaroni & Cheese

"Of all my macaroni and cheese recipes (and I have many), I like this one the best because it's versatile, and the cheese melts really well. I frequently use it during Lent. You can always add green bell peppers or tomatoes for color and variety."

Thursday, February 7, 2013

URL Updates

Please use our main Internet addresses:
How are we doing? 

We announce on this blog when we forward visitors from one URL to another for your convenience and domain name protection.

Please delete all of these URLs from your bookmarks because our relatives no longer own the domain names:

We also link to notices of "Recent URL Changes" at the bottom left corner of this page. Read why we registered domain names here.

How would you like to receive big family news? Please comment below or Contact us.

Modifies:
June 8, 2012
September 15, 2011

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

Meat-free Recipes?

Did you know Lent starts next week? This year Ash Wednesday is February 13, 2013. In observance of Catholic traditions, fasting and abstinence on Ash Wednesday and Fridays during Lent is appropriate.

We're looking for some of your favorite meat-free dishes that you serve at your house during Lent. Here's our Contact Form. Feel free to leave tips, dishes, recipes and suggestions in the comments below or via RSS using the Email the author link.

Links Updated March 5, 2013
Enjoy our meat-free recipes:
Macaroni & Cheese
Spicy Vegetable Chili
Scallop, Tomato & Tortellini Soup
Seafood Bake
Spinach Quiche
Mushroom Quiche

Update Java Feb 6, 2013

Recently, we suggested you take precautions regarding Java. You may now update your Java to get the emergency security update. The newly released versions of Java include Java 7 Update 13, Java 6 Update 39, and JavaFX 2.2.5.

To find out whether you have the latest version of  Java, click here.

What precautions do you recommend? Please post a comment below!

Think you're not affected? Please view:
The New York Times:
http://bits.blogs.nytimes.com/2013/02/01/twitter-hacked-data-for-250000-users-stolen/

The Washington Post:
http://articles.washingtonpost.com/2013-01-31/business/36650899_1_java-mac-users-mac-system

USA Today:
http://www.usatoday.com/story/tech/2013/01/31/apple-blocks-java-on-macs-due-to-vulnerabilities/1880783/