8-ounces sour cream
8-ounces cream cheese, softened
1/2 Cup chopped celery
1/2 Cup finely chopped onion
Salt and Ground White Pepper, to taste
Ground cayenne red pepper, to taste
Juice of One lemon, freshly squeezed (do not substitute reconstituted)
2 (4.5-ounce) cans of deveined shrimp, drained
Celery leaf tops, cleaned and crisped
Your choice of assorted dippers
- Blend sour cream and softened cream cheese until smooth.
- Fold in celery and onion.
- Add salt, peppers, and lemon juice.
- Pick over drained shrimp for any pieces of shell, and to devein as needed.
- Mash shrimp with a fork, and add to sour cream mixture.
- Refrigerate for at least several hours before serving.
- Transfer chilled dip to serving dish, and arrange your choice of dippers.
- If you wish, garnish top of dip with dash of cayenne pepper and/or clean and crisp celery leaf tops.
View family group announcements. To see all Big Family recipes posted on this Blog, click here. Find us on Twitter @BigFamilyNews.
What's your favorite dip? Leave a comment below!