Never-Fail Pie Crust ingredients
Makes 4 or 5 crusts, depending on size and thicknessIngredients:
5-1/2 to 6 cups flour
1 tsp salt
1/2 cup brown sugar
7/8 cup water
Milk for brushing on the top crust
Sugar for light sprinkle on the top crust
- Measure flour, salt and brown sugar into bowl.
- Add cut-up pound of lard and blend well with hands. Heat from hands will soften the lard and mix more evenly.
- Break 1 egg into 7/8 cup water and blend with fork.
- Pour egg mixture into flour mixture and combine thoroughly.
- Transfer mixture from bowl to floured surface and press together into large ball; roll out to desired size.
- For golden top crust, brush with milk and sprinkle lightly with granulated sugar.
- Bake for 45 minutes to one hour, or longer, until crust is golden.