Four Cheese Pâté
Makes 2 (9-inch) roundsIngredients:
1 (8-oz) pkg cream cheese, softened
2 Tbsp milk
2 Tbsp sour cream
3/4 cup chopped pecans, toasted
2 (8-oz) pkgs packages cream cheese, softened
4.5-oz Camembert Cheese, softened and crumbled into dime-size pieces
4-oz crumbled Blue Cheese, softened
1 cup shredded Swiss Cheese (4-oz)
6 to 12 whole pecans
Stone Wheat Crackers
- Line two 9-inch pie plates with plastic wrap and set aside.
- In mixing bowl, combine first 3 ingredients (cream cheese through sour cream); beat at "Medium" speed until smooth.
- Evenly divide beaten mixture among the 2 prepared pie plates, spreading evenly over the plastic wrap. Sprinkle with chopped pecans.
- Cut Camembert (including rind) into small pieces. In second mixing bowl, combine the two packages of cream cheese, prepared Camembert Cheese, Blue Cheese, and Swiss Cheese. Beat cheese mixture at "Medium" speed of electric mixer until smooth.
- Evenly divide the Camembert Cheese mixture, and spoon over the pecan layer, spreading to the edge of each pie plate. Cover each pie plate with plastic wrap, and refrigerate up to one week. Refrigerate at least 4-6 hours before serving (overnight, if feasible).
- Before serving: Remove outside plastic wrap. Invert onto pie plate, and carefully peel away remaining plastic wrap. If desired, garnish with pecan halves.
- Serve with the crackers and apple slices.
View family group announcements. To see all Big Family recipes posted on this Blog, click here. Find us on Twitter @BigFamilyNews.
What's your favorite appetizer? Post a comment below!