"This recipe is very easy to make. Create your own variations by substituting other pie fillings."
Makes about 12 servingsIngredients:
2 sticks of butter or margarine
1 large can crushed pineapple, undrained
1 large can cherry pie filling
1 yellow cake mix, as is
About 1 cup nuts, coarsely chopped
Whipped cream or
- Prepare whipped cream topping and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Using quantity needed, butter 9-x13-inch baking pan and set aside. Return remainder of first stick of butter to refrigerator.
- Dump and spread undrained pineapple into bottom of buttered baking pan.
- Spoon and spread cherry filling over pineapple.
- Lightly spread dry cake mix over cherry filling.
- Evenly sprinkle nuts over the dry cake mix layer.
- Thinly slice second stick of butter and spread over top.
- Bake for 50 minutes.
- Serve warm with ice cream or whipped cream.