We're re-publishing this recipe added to our Family Cookbook in March, 2009; it's a tradition of one family group's Saint Patrick's Day menu.
Photo source unknown
Bartender/Chef Sheridan's Original Irish Coffee
1 shot of Irish whiskey
3 white sugar cubes
Strong black coffee
- Heat up a stemmed whiskey goblet.
- Pour in 1 shot of Irish whiskey.
- Drop in 3 white sugar cubes.
- Fill with the coffee to within 1-inch of the top of the goblet; stir gently.
- Pouring it over the back of a spoon, gently add heavy cream to fill the goblet, floating it on top of the coffee (this takes a bit of practice).
- Do not stir. The full flavor as intended is achieved by sipping this drink through the cream.
What's your favorite Irish toast? Post a comment!