Sunday, July 31, 2011

Library of FAQs -- Updated Feb 15, 2012

This page lists our FAQ by Who? What? When? Where? Why? and How?

Who?
  • are blog/site administrators or coordinators? Relatives and for current names, please sign-in to bigfamilynews.com and view Online Team section. Updated 9/17/2011
  • are site owners? relatives | Read about Google site ownership here. Updated 8/29/2011
  • has access to our family addresses? relatives | FAQ Address Book Updated 07/28/2011
  • is in our family? FAQ About Us
  • is in our family address book? FAQ Address Book
  • reads E-mails sent to big family accounts? online team 8/31/2010 
  • reads online survey results? Initially, site/blog administrators. Testimonials, service issues, and frequently asked questions may be published (without name) on Internet sites. Privacy Practices
  • moderates blog comments? our online team 01/06/2012 
  • views bigfamilynews.com? General content - anyone in world | public Google Map here and Sign-in for private stats here | Restricted content - relatives who Sign-up (FAQ Registration) 12/05/2011
  • views bigfamilynews.info? Anyone in world 12/05/2011

What?

When?
  • are online team members available? Generally evenings by Email. We post extended periods of unavailable time on a public calendar.
  • did extended family start exchanging family recipes? April 2008
  • did we launch our first public Blog? July 3, 2011
  • did we start public tweets? July 28, 2011
  • do I get tweets? occasionally (not daily)
  • do I receive newsletters? On our public web sites, anyone may choose to receive our news updates via daily Emails. If you Register for our web sites, you'll also receive occasional messages (or Tweets) from our blog/site administrator about family matters.
  • was the first family web site created? June 7, 2010
  • will my name be posted on public web sites?  FAQ Confidential Info | Privacy Practices

Where?
  • are family addresses and phone numbers? restricted content | Registered relatives can use links on left side of this page. Updated 01/05/2012
  • are web feeds? Related Blog here | This Blog here 8/11/2011
  • can I learn more about Internet security? Find links here and web site descriptions here. 4/7/2011
  • can I learn more about social networks? Find links here. 5/23/2011
  • do I create a Google Account? here
  • do I get past issues of our our family newsletters? FAQ Newsletters Updated 9/17/2011
  • do I learn more about the different social networks? Find links here. | FAQ Social Media
  • do I post comments/suggestions? Below any post. You might like to take our How are we doing? Survey | Make a Difference | Welcome
  • do I open Blogger account? here | Help 7/28/2011
  • do I open Gmail account? here
  • do I open Google Calendar Account? here
  • does my registration form go? FAQ Registration Updated 7/28/11
  • is our Facebook Page? FAQ Social Media
  • is our private cooks' blog? Sign-in via Blogger here.
  • is our Suggestion List?  here 12/29/2011
  • is the calendar of family birthdays and anniversaries? Subscribers Sign-in at bigfamilynews.com Updated 9/18/2011
  • is the help desk? Find links at the bottom of this page. Show us what you find most helpful, and we'll add videos to our public YouTube Channel. Updated 02/15/2012

Why?
  • are there multiple web sites? FAQ Web Sites
  • are there multiple "big family" E-mail accounts?  We are opening separate Gmail account(s) for each of our projects, so that more than one relative can access and respond. 8/31/2010 
  • are we using domain names? FAQ Web Sites 9/8/11
  • are we using forms? FAQ Web Sites
  • are we using Page-Level Permissions? FAQ Web Sites 9/8/11
  • Blogger? FAQ Blogs 7/22/2011
  • did I link to "insufficient privileges" screen? FAQ Web Sites Updated 7/28/11
  • do I need Email account for family web sites? FAQ Registration Updated 9/18/2011
  • do I need Google Calendar Account? You'll need it to view our private shared calendar of birthdays and anniversaries and/or to edit our public event calendars.
  • do we have public Blogs? FAQ Blogs 7/22/2011
  • do we use Google Sites? FAQ Web Sites
  • do you post about Facebook if you do not use Facebook for our family news? FAQ Social Media Oct 26, 2011
  • does my Google Calendar look different? Google answer here
  • don't you link to E-mail addresses? On our public sites, we use address munging for online security. 8/31/2010 
  • is the family web site URL different on Twitter? FAQ Blogs 8/12/2011
  • moderate comments? Comments Policy 01/06/2012
  • no school or business Emails? FAQ Workplace and School
  • use Gmail? FAQ Registration | Top 10 Reasons
  • web sites? FAQ Web Sites

How?

You can search our entire blog archives at the bottom of the right column or top left corner of this page.

Reach our online team with your comment below any post or via our Contact Form. We always appreciate your feedback!

10 comments:

1. Library updated about Google site ownership.

ReplyDelete
  2. Library updated Sept 8, 2011: Why are we using domain names? Why are we using Page-Level Permissions?

ReplyDelete
  3. Library updated with link to Mobile Blogger Help.

ReplyDelete
  4. Library updated with link about following a blog.

ReplyDelete
  5. Library updated with link to Pageview definition.

ReplyDelete
  6. Library updated Dec 5, 2011, due to popularity of Global Audience post. Add links to new Internet Visitors and private stats for Pageviews by Country.

ReplyDelete
  7. Library updated Dec 6, 2011, with link to Gmail Help about storage limit to explain another server's error message re: over quota.

ReplyDelete
  8. FAQ Library updated Dec 29, 2011, for Suggestion List.Please post any follow-up questions/comments below. Thanks.

ReplyDelete
  9. I think the admin of this website is genuinely
    working hard in support of his website, because here every material is
    quality based information.

fruit machines

ReplyDelete
  10. This is a really good read for me.I like the way you describe all the things and the examples.Thanks.
    Visit:- Gmail Help

ReplyDelete

We appreciate all feedback and encourage you to comment on this blog. Our online team will respond to new issues addressed in comments with future posts on this blog. If you are asking a question click the 'Subscribe By Mail' link below the comment form to be notified of replies.

Our e-mail address is bigfamilynews.info@gmail.com. You can find us on Twitter @BigFamilyNews, or by subscribing to our RSS feeds.