What's your favorite chocolate recipe? Send it via Email the author below!
Grandmother's 'Best Chocolate Cake'
Makes one 2-layer cakeIngredients:
3/4 cup cocoa
1-1/2 cups hot coffee
2-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
1/8 teaspoon salt
1-1/2 teaspoon soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3/4 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
1. Mix together and set aside the cocoa and hot coffee.
2. Sift together flour, salt, soda, and baking powder.
3. Cream shortening and sugar.
4. Add 3 eggs and the vanilla, beating mixture until light and fluffy.
5. Then add dry ingredients and mix well.
6. Finally add cocoa and coffee mixture and beat until combined.
7. Bake at 350ºF for 30 to 35 minutes for layer pans.
8. Cool cake before frosting.
Grandmother's Chocolate Bar Cake
Makes 1 (13- x 9- x 2-inch) cakeIngredients:
1/2 cup butter
2 squares chocolate
1 cup white sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1/2 cup flour
2 eggs, beaten stiff
1 cup walnuts
Chocolate Icing (below)
1. Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease 13- x 9- x 2-inch pan and set aside.
2. Melt butter and chocolate together over hot water.
3. Then add to this sugar, vanilla, and flour; mix well.
4. Add eggs and walnuts and combine.
5. Spread in the prepared pan and bake at 350ºF for 25 minutes.
6. When cool, spread with Chocolate Icing. Cut into 2-inch bars.
Makes enough for 13- x 9-inch single layer cakeIngredients:
1/4 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 cups powdered sugar
2 Tbsp cream
2 squares chocolate or 1/3 cup chocolate chips
Directions:1. Mix first 4 ingredients together.
2. Melt chocolate and stir into butter mixture.
3. Spread icing over cake.
View family group announcements.
What's your favorite chocolate recipe? Send it to us! (Contact us for personal email.)
Last Updated February 8, 2013