Please sign-in to read the announcement in detail here or to browse www.bigfamilycookbook.com.
N's Chicken Scallopine
Makes 6 servings
1/2 LB mushrooms, cleaned & sliced
1 large onion, minced
2 large garlic cloves, pressed
1/4 LB butter or margarine
3 whole chicken breasts, trimmed, boned, & skins removed
Flour for dipping the chicken
1 cup chicken broth
1/2 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
1. Sauté the mushrooms, onion and garlic in the butter. Remove from pan and set aside.
2. Halve the chicken breasts and dip in flour.
3. Brown the chicken in the reserved butter from the vegetable pan.
4. Place the vegetables back into the pan.
5. Add the chicken broth and wine; simmer for 30 minutes.
6. Gravy may be thin, so thicken with a little water and flour, or use cornstarch.
7. Garnish with the parsley. Serve warm with rice pilaf or wild rice
Want to see more posts like this? Send us your recipes!
Last Updated February 8, 2013